Solar PV Panels
One of the easiest ways to generate free energy is by using solar photovoltaic (PV) panels. Photovoltic panels convert the suns energy into electrical energy that we can use. Solar PV systems are usually roof mounted and are connected to the nation grid via the properties electrical installation. Any energy generated can be used by the property free of charge and any energy not used is exported back to the grid.
Reasons to choose Solar PV
- Savings – All the energy generated by the system can be used free of charge in the property thereby reducing your electric bill.
Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) – It is not always possible to use all the energy that you generate and so surplus energy will be exported back to the grid, however, the Smart Export Guarantee will pay you for the surplus that you export.
- Energy Performance – The energy performance rating of your property will improve. Typically the EPC rating can rise by 11 points after installing a 2.5kWp system. This is enough to lift a property from Band D to B, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Hot Water – You can use your generated solar energy to heat your hot water via your immersion heater, which also helps to reduce you gas or oil bills. This is best done by using a Solar IBOOST device which only uses the surplus generated energy that would otherwise be exported back to the grid.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging – If you own an EV, then solar PV is an excellent way to charge your vehicle. Most EV chargers will monitor your PV output. When it senses a surplus it will send the energy to the vehicle.
- Maintenance Free – Once solar PV is installed it just sits on your roof and gets on with its job. There are no moving parts and so it is virtually maintenance free which means no nasty ongoing maintenance bills to pay.
- Reduce your personal carbon footprint – In addition to all the benefits above, you will be reducing your carbon footprint and so doing your bit to save the planet.
Check out some of our recent installs
Just click on the photos and scroll through
A typical 4kWp PV system (10-13 Panels) would cost between £5,000 – £6,200 depending on the specific products used and could generate between 3000 – 4000kWh a year, which is a significant amount of clean energy.